There is so much wrong in this world today..
And I am gong to Pilot a Pedal Powered Boat around the world.. documenting as many if the various ailments as possible for infotainment- ized output and audience education! But to start with.. I have made a Round the World flight itinerary that will allow me to visit eight different cities in order to Examine, Research, and Share with Friends, Followers, Readers, & Patr(e)ons in so many disparate locations around the world the many various activities, impressions, understandings, and discoveries that pertain to our current, modern world in all it's positive and negative aspects.
The goal being to shed light with an ever- increasing audience to the plight of our planet and species effectively reducing Climate Change Ignorance.
And AirTreks has made the offer For One Lucky Winner to get One Ticket.. around the world. If I win this ticket, this will be my route.. and the journey will be a kind of "preparatory" trip that will lead to my Ocean Cyclist journey that is on the short range horizon. With your help.. I'll win.. and if I do win? I'll have my own little contest.. so that I'll take one lucky winner with me on this Round the World Journey.. but I have to win, first.
So, spread the word, share the story.. let's make this a reality for you and for me!
This eight stop journey will allow me to document some major fuck ups in our world today. I'll be using cutting edge and contemporary equipment with release/ broadcast through any and every method or channel available. We think that we are on TOP of the food chain, that we RULE nature.. theories and ideals that have been ingrained in to our species psyche for centuries.. but we are just as intermixed within.. part of.. as each and every other being- and we cannot survive without the natural world so.. let's go over some key points.
1) Hong Kong is a former City- Island.. And is Destination One.. and while it is, currently, "Owned" by mainland China, it used to be a City- State where Capitalism ran rampant.. business was allowed to do what it wanted. Vestiges of that era remain and it is my intent to examine and share my impressions there of.
2) Singapore is part geographic placement and part personal research location. With the main destination goal being New Delhi, touching down in Singapore brings the trajectory in line for that goal. As well, it provides ample opportunity to do further research.
3) New Delhi is the core destination with the big goal of reaching Chittagong, Bangladesh and Calcutta (Kolkata) with a side- trip to Kathmandu. Part one of this visit is a socio- economic examination.. looking at the variances between Indian culture, economics, and day to day life but also to document for broadcast material that covers the Ship Breaking that takes place in Chittagong- one of the worlds largest Ship Breaking Yards. I'll be bringing along one or two drones for video documentation and between now and arrival, I'll be networking with people for interviews, discussions, and an even greater volume of general documentation.
4) Cairo is purely an Historic Visit.. as my daughter is coming with on this journey, it is my objective to throw in some educational visits that might have some massive historical impact on her.
5) Paris was chosen as a stop due to the social variances that would be presented between Cairo and Europe.. it, also, allows us ample opportunity to network and visit nearby cities/ countries before heading back to Big Ol' North America.. with
6) London, UK- as above, so too here.. as in~ London is both an Historic location with massive socio- economic impact and break aways from the standard North American existence. Oh- and I'd like to visit 23 Heddon Street.
7) Reykjavik, Iceland has experienced incredible changes over the last few years- destabilized economy to arrested bankers and collusional politicians.. something us North Americans could~ and should~ learn from. It, also, happens to be my wife's Number One destination.. and it fits in with the routing.
8) Montreal, PQ, Canada is familial.. and partial recapturing of a personal past that is long since gone. Not only did I spend a great summer in Montreal but I grew up not even 2 hours drive from.. so, visiting old haunts, family, & friends in the area would be.. invaluable to say the least. Not to mention.. I've pencilled in a "Tour of the Great Lakes" that will take me all the way to Halifax in my Pedallo.. this will be a great opportunity to explore and examine some of the adjacent waterways.. and do a quick "compare and contrast" to.. Chittagong, Calcutta.. and other locations.
And then.... home to Calgary to compile the still and video footage and create incredible documentary release(s) exhibiting the dichotomy of human existence and how we have impacted our planet- sometimes for the good, but most times for ill.