I’m going to go Around The World in a Pedal Powered Boat.. but I need some help!
I don’t know what to name my boat..
Inspired by that boat naming contest in the UK I’ve decided to appeal to the randomness of the internet to Name My Boat. It’s part crowd funding and part just plain old naming contest fun.
Right now, spring has hit in the gool ol’ YYC (Calgary) area and the snow is melting quickly that means a boys fancy (my fancy..) turns to.. getting out on the water and I’ve got two boats that need to be on the water this year.. You can see all the wood I have to play with.. the insulation boards.. I just need fibreglass, epoxy and a couple custom- made 3D printed pieces that’ll help me keep things dialled in. Your Name Suggestion will help me get these needed parts so that I can be On The Water this spring!
I will name my boat what ever is chosen!
1) Submit as many times as you wish
2) Each single submision costs $5 USF
3) Each multiple/ unlimited submision costs $35 USF
4) “Boaty McBoatface,” corporate names, and names of real people are void.
5) Submit before midnight May 22 to be counted.
6) Help With Outreach (optional).. Download, print, cut & handout This HandBill (PDF download.. if you prefer a more secure Google Doc.. it’s HERE) that promotes This Contest.
And watch this space to learn about Prizes and Awards.. and VOTING.. I’m only one person so outreach is slow going but I’m hoping to put together a nice prize package for the Winner and runner ups.. as well as In- Process Give Aways!